BOOKMOBILE MISSION STATEMENT
The Bookmobile is a unique service of the Homer Township Public Library District, bringing the library closer to where people live or work. The Bookmobile, while functioning as a dedicated method of outreach, is not intended to replace traditional library services, but will complement them.
The Bookmobile provides library service to people in the community who are unserved or underserved due to physical, economic, social, geographic, or other barriers.
In fulfilling this mission, the primary functions of the Bookmobile service are to:
- Provide free library service and information to people of all ages and abilities for their recreation, education, and lifelong learning;
- Provide quality educational, recreational, and cultural library materials that are relevant to the changing needs of patrons and the community. These materials will be selected in accordance with the Homer Township Public Library Collection Development Policy;
- Provide programs and library services to enrich the lives of citizens who may not have access to a formal library facility;
- Conduct bookmobile stops in accordance to the library's Bookmobile Stop Criteria. Scheduling consideration will be given to those areas who do not have a conventional library facility and/or to captive audiences, such as retirement homes, senior village, daycares, preschools, etc.;
- Provide a non-threatening and non-judgmental atmosphere for readers of all ages;
- Introduce non-users to library collections and services;
- Conveniently provide popular materials in a variety of formats that will increase library use and encourage a lifelong desire to read;
- Present programs to encourage use of the Bookmobile and the main Library;
- Support pre-school outreach, basic literacy and senior outreach;
- Generate a positive image of the Library and the Friends of the Library by being highly visible throughout the entire community.
MEET YOUR FRIENDLY BOOKMOBILE STAFF
Maryellen Reed is the Bookmobile Manager who oversees staff and makes sure everything runs smoothly. Maryellen brings a wealth of experience to the position having worked in the bookmobile department since the service began ten years ago. She develops programming, maintains the vehicle and is well-versed in outreach services.
Bridie Hearne is the Bookmobile Driver.
Linda Roe is the Bookmobile Clerk.
Marykay Oldendorf is the Bookmobile Clerk.
2016-2017 BOOKMOBILE SCHEDULE
SNOW IS FALLING; BOOKS ARE CALLING!
January 23 - February 19
Visit the Bookmobile and join our winter reading club for a chance to win lots of super COOL prizes.
LIBRARY LOVERS' MONTH
February 6 - 16
Visit the Bookmobile to enter our prize drawing to snuggle up with some good books!
LUCK OF THE IRISH
February 27 - March 8
Visit the Bookmobile and try your luck at our jelly bean guessing jar!
BOOKMOBILE SCHEDULE-GOOGLE MAP
Click on pins for Bookmobile location, date, and time
View Homer Township Public Library Bookmobile Schedule in a larger map
LIBRARY HOME DELIVERY SERVICE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOOKMOBILE
BOOKMOBILE STOP CRITERIA
- Area open to the general public
- Availability of safe parking
- Parking space for patrons
- Parking space large enough to accommodate the Bookmobile
- Positioning of Bookmobile for safety and ease of patron access
- Well-lit location for after-dark stops
- Circulation statistics
- Contact person and phone number for Bookmobile staff
- Balance in schedule to all communities served
- Condition of access roads
- Distance from main library
- Likelihood of year-round use
- Patron need for Bookmobile service
- Permission to use location
- Cellular/wireless signal
BORROWING FROM THE BOOKMOBILE
- Use your library card to borrow items from the Bookmobile.
- Any Homer Township (including Homer Glen) resident may obtain a library card on the Bookmobile. You will need to provide proof of residence (such as a driver's license). Your first library card is free, a replacement card is $2.00.
- Items on the Bookmobile may be borrowed for a two week period.
- No fines will be charged for bookmobile items returned late.
- If an item is not returned after six weeks, an overdue notice will be sent and you will be billed for the item, along with a processing fee.
- Your borrowing privileges will be stopped until your record is cleared, either by returning the items or paying for them.
- If you don't see a title you want, ask the Bookmobile staff for it or fill out a request slip. We will try to get the item for you from the main Library or from another library in time for the next scheduled visit to your stop. (There may be a longer wait for popular items.) You may also request items owned by any library in our catalog network directly through our online catalog.
- Most bookmobile items may be borrowed for 14 days, including DVD's and best sellers.
- Most items may be renewed twice, unless they have been reserved by someone else. Items may be renewed in person at either the main Library or Bookmobile, by phone (708-301-7908), or renewed through our online catalog.
Items borrowed checked out from the Bookmobile may be returned to the main library, and vice versa.