- All material will be on an 8-week check-out
- Effective May 24th, fines will be suspended through July
- Pay any fines to assure continued service at neighboring libraries
- Visit neighboring libraries for computer use and library needs
- When placing a book on hold, select New Lenox or Mokena for your pick-up location
- Inter-library loans are unavailable at this time
- For a new card, please visit the bookmobile (view the schedule here)
- Summer Reading begins July 8th
Thank you for your patience!
Sunday hours will resume September 2013.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Why an expansion?
With over 600 library users daily that check out an average of 750 items each day, Homer Township Public Library has experienced a phenomenal increase in use since it opened in 1988. With a collection of 100,000 items and growing use, there is a shortage of space for materials, programs, and seating to support residents. The current open design building can be very noisy throughout the day. As an active community center, the library will expand to provide the services, collections, and programs to best serve the 39,000 residents of Homer Glen and Homer Township. The building size will increase by 11,640 square feet. Read more.