· Late fees will be waived from Sept 30th thru Nov 9th.
· Pay any fines prior to Sept 30th to assure continued service at neighboring libraries.
· Visit neighboring libraries for computer use and library needs.
· If placing a hold during our closing, select Mokena or New Lenox for your pick-up location .
· Inter-library loans are unavailable during the closing period.
· Visit the Homer Library Bookmobile for materials or a library card.
Thank you for your patience!
Created with flickr slideshow.
Why an expansion?
With over 600 library users daily that check out an average of 750 items each day, Homer Township Public Library has experienced a phenomenal increase in use since it opened in 1988. With a collection of 100,000 items and growing use, there is a shortage of space for materials, programs, and seating to support residents. The current open design building can be very noisy throughout the day. As an active community center, the library will expand to provide the services, collections, and programs to best serve the 39,000 residents of Homer Glen and Homer Township. The building size will increase by 11,640 square feet. Read more.