- Walk-in visitors welcome 6 days a week! For details, including available services, click here. LEARN AT HOME click here.
- Contactless CURBSIDE SERVICE 7-days a week of books, materials, photocopy and printed document pickup! FAQ & more click here.
- NEW! Limited seating and study rooms now available within capacity limits. Call for details.
You are here
Homer Township Public Library has 12 lockers where you can pick up materials even when the library is closed. To request after-hours pickup, call us at 708-301-7908 with your library card number. Your materials will be checked out to you and placed in a locker to pick up. An account must be in good standing. Call at least two (2) hours before closing to have your items placed in a locker. Items will be held for 24 hours. The lockers are located to the left of the entry doors under the overhang.
Display cases are available to Homer Township residents to exhibit personal collections. For details, contact us at 708-301-7908.
At this time we recommend you contact Will County or call us to make an appt. at 708-301-7908. You must be a Will County resident at least 18 years old by Election Day to register. Two forms of identification are necessary, at least one showing your current address. With limited registrars available you may consider registration at the Township or Village offices at this time.
Community service hours are the sole responsibility of the individual making the request. The library offers Teen Volunteer Nights each month and has the right to refuse or terminate hours at its own discretion. A letter of documentation will be provided upon request with a 72-hour notice.
Please note that service hours are not guaranteed. The Library will notify the volunteer by telephone if and when volunteer hours become available.
For those wishing to do a practicum, please contact Adult Services at 708-745-9265 or email email@example.com.
The Library participates in the Macy's Museum Pass Program. For more information, visit Museum Adventure.
Scheduled Closings (2021)
- January 1 – New Year Day
- January 18 - Martin Luther King Day
- February 15 - President's Day
- April 2 - Good Friday
- April 4 - Easter Sunday
- May 30 - Sunday before Memorial Day
- May 31- Memorial Day
- July 4 - Independence Day
- July 5 - Closed Monday
- September 6 - Labor Day
- November 11 - Veteran's Day
- November 24 - Library closes at 5pm
- November 25 - Thanksgiving Day
- December 24 - Christmas Eve
- December 25 - Christmas Day
- December 26 – Closed Sunday
- December 31 - New Year's Eve
- January 1, 2022 - New Year's Day
- January 2, 2022 – Closed Sunday
Any resident of Homer Township/Homer Glen may obtain a library card as part of your tax-supported library service. Your library card allows you to borrow materials from Homer Township Library and other libraries in Illinois. There are three easy ways to get a card: come into the library and fill out an application, fill out an application on the Bookmobile, or fill out the online form and pick up your new card at the library after 24-hours. Please bring an ID to pick up your card.
Bring in a current driver’s license or state issued ID with your current address. A replacement card is FREE!
You can call the library at 708-301-7908; email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our online catalog and order/reserve your materials.
Most items have a three-week loan period except for DVDs and new books. A renewal for an additional three weeks is possible, provided there is no hold on that item. Items owned by another library may have a different loan period.
Free books are available from the paperback shelf in the library.
Applications for the use of the library's meeting room are available here. Completed applications may be returned to the library or scanned and emailed to email@example.com. It is recommended that requests are made weeks in advance. Please note that use of the room must be approved and is not guaranteed. Complete guidelines are found on the form.
For their safety children aged nine and under must be accompanied by an adult or teenager of at least 14 years of age. The parent or caregiver must remain in the library while their child attends story hour and other programs. See our Safe Child Policy.
The library has six study rooms available. Bring your library card or some form of identification and the Help Desk will sign you into a room. Study rooms are available in one-hour increments, which may be extended, unless someone is waiting. We are currently not reserving study rooms.
- Persons residing outside the boundaries of Homer Township and not belonging to/or located closer to another pubic library may obtain a card by paying a non-resident fee of $170 per family. Proof of address is required.
- Non-resident cards are good for one year.
- Illinois law requires non-resident cards to be issued by the public library that is located closest to the applicant’s home.