You are here
March 18, 2020
RE: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Dear Library Patron,
The library is a busy hub of community activity, and we place a high priority on the health and safety of our visitors and staff. Effective immediately, the Homer Township Library has taken the following actions to balance our responsibility to serve you in this time of heightened need with our responsibility to keep all safe, especially seniors, people with underlying conditions, and others who are at greater risk:
- The Library is CLOSED to visitors and all programs and meetings are cancelled/postponed.
- No materials should be returned to the library until further notice.
- Library fines are now suspended and will not accrue.
- The Library Bookmobile and outreach service is closed.
- The Library board meeting noted for Mon., March 23 at 7pm has been cancelled.
Decisions are based on guidelines from the Illinois Department of Public Health, which cite social distancing and event cancellations as effective means for preventing the spread of disease. You can find Illinois COVID-19 updates at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/.
Find additional information at:
- CDC Summary: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
- CDC (expanded information): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- National Library of Medicine: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/
- Village of Homer Glen Updates: https://www.homerglenil.org/2608/Covid-19-Updates
- Homer Township Updates: http://www.homertownship.com/misc/covid-19.pdf
You can continue to use the library without visiting by downloading eBooks; listening to downloadable and streaming audiobooks; streaming movies and TV shows; streaming music; reading digital comics, newspapers, and magazines; taking online classes; and much more. Browse our website for information about checking out online materials and resources.
Stay connected with us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more ideas for things to do with your library card, and ways to stay healthy and busy during this complicated time.
The library website will continue to be updated regarding the impact of COVID-19. You are welcome to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and we will do our best to respond to your email within 48 hours. Your patience is appreciated during this unprecedented health crisis.
We look forward to seeing you online and in person again soon.
Sheree Kozel-La Ha
Homer Twp. Public Library