You are here
Below, please find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our services during this closure. If your question isn’t answered below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond within 48 hours.
- When will the Library reopen?
We are unsure at this point in time. All events are cancelled through May. Check www.homerlibrary.org for updates.
- I have library items checked out that are due before April 1. Should I return those?
Please do not worry about returning items currently borrowed from the Library. We ask that you keep all items until further notice. No fines will be assessed! You can return items when we reopen.
- I had an item on hold. What if that becomes available while the Library is closed?
We have suspended all holds on physical items. If you had an item on hold that was waiting to be picked up, it will be available to you when we reopen. Any other items will remain on hold until we reopen. Additionally, you will not be able to place new holds on physical items until we reopen.
- Regarding Interlibrary Loan items that are due before April 1. Should I return them?
Please do not worry about returning these items until we reopen. We will not charge fines on items borrowed from our Library through Interlibrary Loan. We will also work with other lending libraries to ensure you are not charged late fines on items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan.
- I would like to access eBooks and online learning resources. Can I get a Library card?
Yes! Click here to apply for a library card online. You will be notified when the card is registered for access to eBooks, streaming services and online learning resources. You can pick up your physical library card when the Library reopens. Visit https://homerlibrary.org/COVID-19 for free resources to access now.
- My library card is expired. Can I renew it to access Overdrive eBooks and audiobooks?
You are able to freely use these resources at this time. We have opened access to our Overdrive eBooks and audiobooks to all expired or blocked cards.
- I registered for a program with a fee, and it has been cancelled. Will I receive a refund?
Yes. We will be issuing refunds for any cancelled programs that have a fee. You will be contacted by our staff about your refund. If you have additional questions, please send a note to email@example.com.
- Will you be rescheduling programs that have been cancelled?
At this time, we don’t have specific plans to reschedule these programs. If we do reschedule a cancelled program, individuals registered for that program will be notified.
- I was approved to participate in the Spring Craft Fair. Will I receive a refund?
Yes. We will be issuing refunds for crafter/vendor fees. We will also return any raffle donations. You will be contacted by our staff about your refund. As the Library is currently closed, we ask for your patience. If you have additional questions, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will you be rescheduling the Craft Fair?
No. We will not reschedule the Spring Craft Fair. We do plan to hold a Craft Fair this fall.
- Can teens get service hours from home during this time?
Yes! We are offering teens a service project that can be done at home with minimal supplies. For more details, visit https://homerlibrary.org/volunteer.
- Will staff be available during the closure?
Yes. Minimal staff will work – either on site or remotely. If you have a question, please send a note to email@example.com and we will do our very best to answer you within 48 hours.
- Can I still donate books to the library?
No. Please hold all donations until further notice.