The Library is open for contactless CURBSIDE SERVICE of books, materials as well as Photocopy and Printed Document Pickup. To help limit the spread of Coronavirus and ensure the health and safety of community members we do not have walk-in patron visits at this time.
You are here
Below, please find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our services during this closure. If your question isn’t answered below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond within 48 hours.
- When will the Library reopen?
We are unsure at this point in time. Check www.homerlibrary.org for updates.
- I would like to access eBooks and online learning resources. Can I get a Library card?
Yes! Click here to apply for a library card online. You will be notified when the card is registered for access to eBooks, streaming services and online learning resources. You can pick up your physical library card when the Library reopens. Visit https://homerlibrary.org/COVID-19 for free resources to access now.
- My library card is expired. Can I renew it to access Overdrive eBooks and audiobooks?
Please email email@example.com with your library barcode, name, address, and phone number.
- I registered for a program with a fee, and it has been cancelled. Will I receive a refund?
Yes. We will be issuing refunds for any cancelled programs that have a fee. You will be contacted by our staff about your refund. If you have additional questions, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will you be rescheduling programs that have been cancelled?
At this time, we don’t have specific plans to reschedule these programs. If we do reschedule a cancelled program, individuals registered for that program will be notified.
- Will there be a Fall Craft Fair?
No. We will also not be hosting a Craft Fair this Fall, but hope to hold them in 2021.
- Can teens get service hours from home during this time?
Yes! We are offering teens service projects that can be done at home with minimal supplies. For more details, visit https://homerlibrary.org/volunteer.
- Will staff be available during the closure?
Yes. Staff will work – either on site or remotely. If you have a question, please send a note to email@example.com and we will do our very best to answer you within 48 hours.
- Can I still donate books to the library?
Yes. Donations can be left outside the library's front doors in bags or boxes.