- Walk-in visitors welcome 6 days a week! For details, including available services, click here. LEARN AT HOME click here.
- Contactless CURBSIDE SERVICE 6-days a week of books, materials, photocopy and printed document pickup! FAQ & more click here.
- NEW! Limited seating and study rooms now available within capacity limits. Call for details.
You are here
Explore More Illinois
Explore More Illinois is a free service provided by your library that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theatres, and other fun and local cultural venues.
- Log in with your library card credentials and browse for passes by date or attractions. If you do not know your PIN or password, or if you have problems logging into Explore More Illinois, please contact the library.
- Make your reservation and print or download your pass shortly before your visit.
- You can have three active reservations per library card. Please cancel your reservation(s) if unable to attend, otherwise the reservation will count as being used.
Remember that once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation. Some attractions are on hiatus due to pandemic. Check back often for updates.
Museum Pass: The Adventure begins at your Illinois library!
Use the smartest card - your library card - to receive admission or a special discount at participating Chicago area cultural destinations! Learn more below! Here’s how you can check out a Museum Adventure Pass at your Library:
- Visit the Homer Township Library for current pass availability. Library staff will be able to check on what is available and also check out the passes.
- The Library has a limited number of passes for each participating organization, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes cannot be reserved or checked out online or on the phone.
- One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period. The loan period is SEVEN DAYS, and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
- Admission offers vary per museum. For some, two or four people may be admitted free per pass, or by carload. If admission is free, another special discount will be offered.
- Passes MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED, are non-transferrable, must be used by the patron checking out the pass, and may only be used once. Patrons may be asked for photo identification and library card to gain admission to the participating museum. Abuse of pass use may result in the patron's suspension from the program.
- Check the list of participating museums for details on each cultural destination. Find out what discoveries await you, get directions to the museum, and review each museum’s pass entry offer, including any restrictions that may apply.