- Walk-in visitors welcome 6 days a week! For details, including available services, click here. LEARN AT HOME click here.
- Contactless CURBSIDE SERVICE 7-days a week of books, materials, photocopy and printed document pickup! FAQ & more click here.
- NEW! Limited seating and study rooms now available within capacity limits. Call for details.
You are here
Little Free Library
Homer Library has established a Little Free Library at both Sendra Park and Konow Farm. An added Little Free Library at a new location is in the works for 2020!
The “take one, share one” Little Free Library is a popular addition to Sendra Park and Konow Farm. These libraries offer free books for all ages. Homer Library serves as “stewards” and adds books for the community every month. Visitors can simply take a book home or leave one to share with someone else.
Find our more about Free Little Library.
Visit Sendra Park to enjoy our Storywalk, an interactive story set along the park walking path. Changed seasonally, the stories feature Libby and Barry, created by local artist Joe Olivieri. These characters offer fun activities to do along the pathway, as visitors read and enjoy activities along with giant story pages! Sendra Park is located at 14727 Greenbrier Ln, Homer Glen.
Find out more about StoryWalk.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Families are challenged to share 1000 books with their children. This is simply reading 3 stories a day for one year, or you can move along at the reading pace you choose and gather rewards and incentives along the way-- it’s as easy as that! This program is from birth to kindergarten, and is easily achievable. Give your child the gift of reading. Reading together helps develop important listening skills, stronger attention spans, and provides a solid foundation for concentration including school readiness – all keys to school and learning success! This program is for children who have not yet entered Kindergarten. Limit one per child.
It's easy to participate!
1. Register at Homer Township Public Library.
2. Read together.
3. Fill in the reading log.
4. When you finish 250 books, bring the reading log to the library and collect your next log and prize.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 and receive a different reading log and prize at each level.
6. Upon completion of 1000 books, your child will receive a t-shirt, a certificate, and will have an awesome jumpstart on success in school!
Find out more about 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.