The Homer Twp. Public Library has Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots available to Homer Library card holders to promote access to online services. They are provided according to availability.
Wi-Fi Hotspot Guidelines / Check-Out Policy
- The check-out period is for 2 weeks.
- They are nonrenewable.
- Only 1 hotspot per family at a time.
- Late fees are $2 per day.
- When returning: hotspots (and all components) must be returned in a Ziploc Storage bag and placed in the book drop.
- If any part of the hotspot kit is lost or returned unusable the user must pay the replacement cost of the component.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to check out a hotspot.
- If a hotspot is 10 days overdue the service is automatically deactivated and unusable. Reactivation costs will be billed to the user.
- Hotspots have 4G LTE coverage in the United States only. Coverage is extensive, but some areas may not have access available. Homer Library cannot guarantee coverage. Check Mobile Beacon’s coverage map.
- Library staff are unable to assist with troubleshooting. A user guide is included with check out. View the user guide.
- The Library's Internet Safety Policy does not apply to the hotspot internet service. It is the sole responsibility of the patron to obtain and implement appropriate security devices, software, and other measure (including without limitation firewalls) to protect the patron's systems and data.
- Hotspot users are expected to comply with the Library's Internet User Agreement.
- Missing Hotspot $120 + processing fee
- Missing USB Cable $10
- Missing Adapter/Plug $10
- Missing Instructions $2
- Missing Case $5
- Processing fee $5
- Reactivation fee (dependent on Mobile Beacon’s fees at time of reactivation)
Request a Hotspot:
- Place a hold on the hotspot.
- Complete the online form below.
- A library staff member will contact you when your hotspot is available for pickup.
- Your hotspot will be available for pickup through the library's lockers. The lockers are located to the left of the entry doors under the overhang. Library staff will provide you with the code to open your assigned locker. Please note that locker codes expire after 24 hours.
* If you are unable to place a hold or complete the online form, please contact the Library at 708.301.7908 and library staff will assist you. A paper copy of the agreement form will be made available to you for curbside pickup.
Hotspot Patron Agreement Form
By filling out this form, you are stating that you have read the Wi-Fi guidelines and are responsible for returning all items associated with the hotspot. If items are not returned, you are responsible for any replacement costs.